Forum Discussion

Othman
Community Member
2 days ago

Articulate Status and Software

I'd like to open a conversation about disconnecting the use of Storyline from the need to constantly authenticate. I am currently in the middle of an important lesson that has a very specific amount of time budgeted for it, and have essentially been locked out of it.

As a government contractor creating emergency training material for use in mission-critical space scenarios, I can't afford to keep defending the use of software that is controlled off-premises, and that can be shut down without warning. We have to fight to negotiate for the time and money to create critical training, and it is unhelpful to be signed out of or wholesale lose access randomly. This, the budding inclusion of AI tools, and the heightened need for cybersecurity awareness makes for a convincing argument to move to a different tool platform that does not need to call home to be used.

Please consider giving us better options going forward, to ensure that this work stoppage does not hinder future project timelines.

• Absolutely 100% correct take. Hoping this is a wakeup call. It's like when my Chevy went dead because of an over the air update that went bad. Companies need to stop trying to control us when they take our money and instead do everything they can to make things easier, more reliable, and more flexible. Not the exact opposite. But there are no real competitors in this space, and they know that.