Forum Discussion

MattPereira
Community Member
2 months ago

Aptos Font Support

Hello,

I am wondering if there are any plans to support Microsoft's new default font Aptos. When importing a PowerPoint that uses Aptos, SL360 is automatically converting the fonts to Trebuchet MS (Headings) and Open Sans (without warning). Alternatively, is there another way to manage this font in SL360?

Thanks for you help,

MattPereira
    Community Member

My team informed me that I can install the cloud fonts as detailed here:

How to Make Cloud Fonts Available for all Windows & Mac Apps - Office Watch (office-watch.com)

Additionally, in the .pptx I originally attached, the Aptos font was changed when I saved the ppt. After installing the cloud fonts, i am able to save the ppt with the aptos fonts (attached). 

SL360 is now importing the Aptos fonts, however, when I import the pptx into powerpoint, the font is being imported with a yellow background. Any idea as to why? I have tried importing from ppt without any design (03.aptos.pptx) and this is still happening.

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hi Matt!

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your project files! That made testing easy!

I am seeing the same behavior with your PowrPoint files when importing them into a Storyline 360 course. It is hard to tell what is causing the yellow highlight, however, I created a new PowerPoint file with the Aptos font and the highlight didn't appear when importing the new file into Storyline 360. 

Is it possible to copy the text and paste it in a new PowerPoint file? Then, I would import that new file into Storyline 360.

Lastly, if you have OneDrive running, I'd pause the sync while working on the project because this issue could be related to the course having multiple versions.