Forum Discussion

BethCouglerBlom
Community Member
2 months ago

Changing font colour in Player

Hi folks, am I correct in reading that we can't change the regular font colour in the Storyline Player, that Storyline automatically chooses one of two font colours based on whether our custom background colour is a light or dark colour? (I'm reading this article.)

I'd like to be able to choose the Player font colour myself, while still maintaining proper colour contrast ratios with the background colour I've chosen. Could you let me know if I'm missing something here? It seems odd that we don't have control over this.

Specifically I'm testing a #5C7598 background and Storyline appears to be choosing #BABBBA which doesn't meet colour contrast requirements.

Thanks!

• Less than ideal, but colors can be adjusted/set to your specifications after publishing for certain. I publish projects, then set my client's colors to their brand before delivering. Hassle, yes and and I've forgotten to do this post-publishing step a few times but things are possible.

I do wish Articulate would fully build out the custom colors functionality.

• Thanks Brian, although you're introducing a new concept to me. How do you change the colours in a Storyline package after publishing? And does it work for the player font colours somehow?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Beth!

Glad to see Brian has been helping you!

We are tracking a feature request to give users the ability to customize the font color, for menu controls from the Modern Player, in Storyline. I've included your voice in the feature report and will update this discussion if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

Also, since we don't officially support the modification of published content, I'll open the floor to our community who may be able to offer input!

BethCouglerBlom
        Community Member

Thank you. Please escalate this feature request because your built-in features do not support proper WCAG colour contrast requirements and this should be fixed immediately, to allow us to choose our own colour contrasts for accessibility.