Forum Discussion

ERINGROSSI-fb91
Community Member
12 months ago

What suggestions do you have for getting an entry level position working for Articulate?

Hello, I have an M.Ed. in Instructional Design & Technology (I graduated in 2019). What I am realizing is that my experience has been more around research and designing course content. I would like to find a job where I can begin to learn and practice Articulate. What suggestions might this community have in terms of entry/mid-level positions really getting to know Articulate?  Thanks!

• Hi Erin and welcome to the community! 👋 Even though it was a little while ago, congrats on your M.Ed. in Instructional Design & Technology! 🎉 That's a great place to start! 🙂 It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge about the instructional design side and are interested in the e-learning development side using Articulate apps. If you want to start practicing now, you can download a free trial of Articulate 360 here. With the free trial, you also have access to all the live and on-demand webinars and training videos from industry experts.

As for finding a job, I like to tell people if you're currently working at a company that you like, it might not hurt to see what open positions they have for you to continue to grow and thrive there. But if you're looking to work somewhere else, a lot of companies usually like to see a portfolio before making hiring decisions, even for entry-level positions. It can be as simple as showing a few concepts to show your knowledge of instructional design principles. Of course, there are a few other things you can do to stand out. Here's an article with some tips for landing your next e-learning job.

Perhaps the community will have some other tips to share.