Forum Discussion

SylviaWright
Community Member
9 days ago

What happened please

I haven't been able to get on the Heroes page in awhile and the bookmark button and follow button are gone. Can someone fill me in please on how to bookmark a discussion to save it for future reference and how to follow (though I am assuming that is the bell that goes with a topic - correct?). Many thanks. This is my "go to" for help with projects and new learning.

MaryLacroix
    Community Member

All my old bookmarks are gone and, I presume, lost for good. I had some posts saved elsewhere, but I guess I was just too trusting that the feature was stable. Did I miss the warning before the forum changeover? Were any emails sent to us? 

• Yes, the bell icon next to the gear icon is for following a discussion. 

BTW, when you're viewing someone else's discussion, clicking the gear icon reveals the Report button (for example, to report a post as spam). When you're viewing a discussion you started, clicking the gear icon reveals the Edit option. 

The new site doesn't have its own Bookmark function like the old site did. Instead, you'll need to use your browser's bookmarking function.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

While I understand that I can create forum bookmarks using the browser bookmarking function, I used the bookmarking function of the old site often, and its ease of use and convenience is greatly missed. 

JudyNollet
        Super Hero

I agree! I liked having that easy access to special Forum posts, without having them clutter my browser "Favorites." 

It's especially frustrating that there was no warning that the site-specific bookmarks would disappear. If I'd known that, I would have added them to a special file I keep for tracking Articulate issues.