Forum Discussion

SilvaCarver
Community Member
2 years ago

Uploading to Articulate 360 from Sharepoint

There are numerous questions about embedding Articulate content on Sharepoint, but the company I work for is decommissioning our file servers and planning to move all documents to Sharepoint. At the moment, we can't upload anything from our Sharepoint into any of our Articulate tools - is there a way to configure this?

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Silva,

This is not a Rise problem.

To access SharePoint, you need to be logged into your company network.

If you are hosting your Rise courses in a LMS, you may be using a third party LMS that is hosted outside your organization firewall / network.

In most cases, any requests to access SharePoint that come from outside your organization firewall / network will be blocked by the SharePoint security policy.

That's the case for our organization: because we use an external LMS, we cannot access or link to any SharePoint documents in our Rise courses. 

Your department needs to work with your IT department to determine what is possible for your organization. 

SilvaCarver
      Community Member

Hi,

That doesn't actually answer my question, but thanks for replying. We cannot upload things from our Sharepoint to our Rise courses, and I wanted to know if it was possible to do so.

Sliva

KarlMuller
        Community Member

Hi Silva,

You can upload most MS Office files to a Rise course.

Download the document from SharePoint to your local computer.

Create a Multimedia / EMBED block in your Rise course.

Edit the Embed block, and select the SharePoint document from your local computer.

The document will be uploaded to your Rise course.

SilvaCarver
    Community Member

Actually I think the best confirmation will be when someone who works for Articulate responds, but thanks for your help.