Forum Discussion

ElisabettaBello
Community Member
3 years ago

Troubles with "show layer" using hyperlinks

Hello everyone
I am trying to use triggers so that when the student clicks on a word, he can access a layer.
The hyperlinks though...are made so that they will only be activated and visible to the student at the end of the audio track.
So I thought of editing the state of the textbox so that at the end of the audio it changes its state, making the hyperlinks visible.
I hope I have explained myself so far.
Well...then I go into "edit state" of the text box and add a state...when I then go to program the hyperlinks....Storyline doesn't seem to recognise the layers I previously created.
I attach a screen shot to better understand what I mean.
Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much in advance to whoever answers me

• Hi Elisabetta, 

Thanks for reaching out!

I tried replicating the behavior on my end using my local installation of Storyline 3, but linking the test to a layer worked for me. 

Try doing a repair of your Storyline 3 installation to see if this helps fix the issue. If the issue persists, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private through a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? 

• Hi!

Thanks but the installation repair did not solve the problem, I'll open a support case :)

• So......apparently the issue is in the editing state status!

In fact, outside the edit state for the textbox, I could program the links ...

• Hi Elisabetta,

I see you've connected with one of our Support Engineers, Mcgem! That was a great call. I'm glad to hear you were able to solve this issue. If you need additional assistance, please let us know!