Forum Discussion

JanuaryMacasa
Community Member
7 months ago

Trigger Not Working Properly

Hey there!

A basic trigger doesn't seem to be working for me, and it's one that's worked just fine in another course. I added a trigger to adjust the variable "score" by adding a value of 1 to it, with, the condition that the right radio button is selected. However, it seems it isn't working, and the variable remains with the default value of 0 no matter how many times I've tried inserting a trigger to adjust it otherwise.

Would love some help here! 

• Oh right, here's the file!

The slide in question is 1.21 Choices 1 I believe. The trigger I'm having a hard time with is under the Submit HS 1 trigger where there's an adjust variable trigger.

Edit 1: Alright, I was able to fix the issue! I believe that the way I set up that specific variable might have conflicted with other triggers I had in place. Would love further clarification if I'm wrong! :)

• You're right, there was a trigger problem here:

Once a "Jump to" trigger is initiated, every other trigger on the slide is ignored. So there is no way that the "Adjust variable trigger is ever even attempted. Move it up in the list, and all will be well.

Theoretically, it will probably still function if the submit trigger comes first, but I can't guarantee that. I would put it last on the list.