Forum Discussion

MateuszSzuter-e
Community Member
3 months ago

Trigger else - adjust variable - cannot set given variable to another variable

Hi there,

I've came across a bug in triggers panel.

When you try to use triggers Else function, combined with "adjust variable", you cannot set variable_X to variable_Y, the dropdown (both in trigger wizard and panel) stays as for value. See the picture.

And as you guys love to get .story files, I've attached one with the bug also.

Can this be resolved somehow fast? Right now it affects my whole mechanics. I can workaround using javascript, but the feature itself is clearly broken.

• To ensure that the Articulate staff knows about this, I suggest you submit the bug here: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact 

They may not be able to fix this bug as quickly as you'd like. So instead of using an "Else" statement, you may need to use a separate trigger to adjust the variable to the alternate value.

• Hi Mateusz!

Sorry to hear you've run into this issue! Glad to see Judy has been helping you!

Thank you for sharing your file. I can confirm we have this behavior logged as a bug in Storyline 360. I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will provide updates as soon as a fix is in place.

Thanks for your patience. So sorry if this has been slowing you down!

Bob_Mongiovi
    Community Member

I just ran into the exact same issue.  But looks like it's already a confirmed bug. 

I also had to create a new trigger for the else statement.

Looking forward to the fix.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Bob!

Sorry to hear you've also been affected by this bug!

I've added your voice to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix becomes available. Thank you for your patience while we work through this issue!