Forum Discussion

SteffiSim
Community Member
3 years ago

Storyline

Hello,

I was just wondering whether in Storyline, we are able to sort things accordingly so lets say I have a drag and drop and I wanted to arrange that drag and drop in according to the value so lets say I matched letters together then after that I would like to sort it alphabetically. Is there a way to do this?

• Steffi,

I would like to assist but I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish. So, let's talk through this a little more. 

Can you mock up something up in PowerPoint and paste it into your response? Show me what you are trying to do and we can work our way through it.

Richard

• Richard is correct; to get help, you are going to have to give us some sort of an idea of what you are trying to accomplish.

The other thing to know is that Storyline cannot by itself; you will need to use javascript to do the sorting, but it can be done.

• My assumption is that you do not want them to move to the sorting activity until they have placed the letters in the correct order first.

if you don’t want to use javascript, you could simply break this into two separate interactions. Step 1 matching and then Step 2 is drag and drop into the correct order.

i am back in my office later today and could build a sample for you. If you want the javascript route, I’m sure Walt can assist. I will check back later today to see what you decide.

Richard

SteffiSim
      Community Member

Hi Richard,
      I would like to see it without the Javascript route for now,
      thank you so much for the help!
      It's very much appreciated!

• Steffi,

Here is an approach you can use. Create two separate drag and drop interactions. One is to match up the letters (upper/lower case) and the next has the learner drag the cars onto a new engine in alphabetical order. In both cases, JavaScript is not required.

Richard