Forum Discussion

3 days ago

Storyline Survey embed to Rise Course

Hello, I'm new to everything. I tested my storyline course separately to scorm cloud and it retrieves the submissions, but when I embedded it on my rise course it doesn't return anything. 

How to do this ? Thanks!

• Hi Abigail_ I'm afraid you will not be able to track data from Storyline when it is embedded in Rise. This is because it would conflict with Rise data. The only event you can track is completion, but this is used to trigger a divider button in Rise to enable if you want to make something mandatory in the Storyline file.

When you publish a Storyline module to SCORM, you are publishing the course are a self contained course that will have it's own data associated with it on an LMS.

When you publish for inclusion in Rise, it is not published as SCORM module, due to the conflict it would cause with Rise's tracking data. They would both be attempting to use the same SCORM data fields, and one or both would most likely break.

The only solution I can think of at this time would require JavaScript integration in the Storyline file, that would use use the SCORM function in Rise to write data to the LMS (via cmi.interactions). It is possible, and writing the cmi.interactions would not cause conflict, but, as mentioned, JavaScript + SCORM knowledge is essential.