Forum Discussion

reneebarnes1
Community Member
12 years ago

Storyline is still reporting "incomplete" and success "fail"!!!!!!

I opened a case with Articulate and the answer from the staff member was that it is a problem of the LMS. It is not since when I test the module in the Scorm cloud I get the same resutl.

I need someone ifrom Articulate to provide a satisfactory answer. 

I tried several settings:

-pass/fail

- passed/incomplete

-completed/fail

They all report the same. if you pass the test is says "complete" and passed" but if you don't pass it says "incomplete" failed.  Why does it not report "completed "failed"???????? Or just pass/fail. We are NOT tracking screens.

• Glad that you were able to find a solution Trent. If you think it will be beneficial to someone that runs across this thread, I invite you to share. Thanks for the update :)

LynnParsons
    Community Member

Trent V

Can you let me know what the the solution to this issue was a I am having a similar problem 

Regards Lynn

reneebarnes1
      Community Member

HI, we were having that issue because the older version of articulate did not have two publishing options (completed/incomplete and pass/fail) now it does. i think that using complete/incomplete solved the issue. i suggest you try both settings and test in your lms to see what happens.

• Hi Lynn - looks like Renee has popped in to assist you here. A good test to help identify if an issue lies within your course or your LMS is to test in SCORM Cloud as well. If you are able to replicate in SCORM Cloud, then we would want to take a look.

LynnParsons
    Community Member

Hi Leslie

As you  can see from the attached in Stormcloud result I have failed the test but the lesson is still showing as incomplete but it should be complete as the test has been taken. If I pass the test then it will show as complete!

Also if a user who has fails accesses the lesson again then it asks if they wish to resume and they can take the test again, yet the LMS is set to 1 try only!

• Hi Lynn!

Articulate Storyline 2 communicates course completion to a learning management system (LMS) as soon as the learner meets the completion requirement. See this article for more information.

So, if you are tracking via quiz and the learner fails, this is not course completion.

If your LMS tracks a completion status and a success status, choose Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed. The other pairs report only completion status. You can read more about troubleshooting LMS issues here.

• Hello,

Is there a resolution to this. I passed the assessment with a 90%, I have a completion as complete and Success as failed. This is in SCRORM Cloud and the LMS. I know you say it is LMS, but I have the same course, but in English and is working as suppose to. This course was copied from the English version.