Forum Discussion

LaurenBenere685
Community Member
5 years ago

Storyline 360 Retry Quiz Issue

In my Story, I used the built-in Retry Quiz button on the Results slide, with the built-in triggers to Reset the Results Slide, resetting only incorrect answers, and jump to the slides the learner needs to retry. This works great, but when in preview mode I get to the last incorrect question and hit submit, it shows the feedback layer, but clicking continue does not return to the results slide to let the learner continue the course, and the slide freezes. I've tried this a few different ways and it is not slide specific--just whichever slide was the last one that needed to be retaken.

Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated.

• I know this is an older post, but I thought I'd add a comment for anyone else who is experiencing this issue (like I was). 

Check the ordering of your triggers in your results slide (failure layer). You will probably have a Reset Results slide and also a Jump to Slide (to return learners to your quiz). The Reset Results trigger has to be ordered above the Jump to Slide trigger, otherwise, the feedback layer on the quiz is seen rather than the question.

• Hi there, Lauren!

I'd love to help investigate the continue button behavior. Are you comfortable with sharing your Storyline file for testing? If so, you can send it privately to me by using this link. I'll gauge the performance during preview and delete it after!

AngelaWhatley
    Community Member

I'm trying to do this right now and having issues getting  the reset button to 'reset'  the assessment so the learner can complete it again without having to go through the content again. I will check the order. Thank you!

• Hi, Angela, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

If changing the order of triggers doesn't solve the issue with the reset button, you're welcome to share the .story file so we can offer specific suggestions.