Forum Discussion

ChrisMeier
Community Member
3 years ago

Storyline - Publish to Word File

I am trying to publish a Storyline file to a Word file.  It appears to go through the right process.  However, when the completion box appears, there is no Word file to view.  Is there a setting or something else that I need to do to make this work?

Thanks,

• Hi Chris,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! ✨

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue when trying to publish your course to Microsoft Word. I'm happy to help troubleshoot! 

• First, I'd like to confirm that you are following these steps when publishing your course. Here are some tips that you may find helpful along the way!
    • If you select View Document, do you get an error message?

If you're comfortable sharing your file, you can upload it here or privately in a support case so we can investigate this further!

• Hi, Currently experiencing the same issue.  First time it has happened.  Error Report pop up when selecting View Document

• Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue when attempting to publish your course to Word. I'd like to ask you a few clarifying questions to help me troubleshoot.

Please let me know if you have additional questions! If you're comfortable sharing your file, you can upload it here or privately in a support case so we can investigate this further. We will delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

GergeHurst
    Community Member

Hello,

I am have a similar issue. I publish to a local drive. It says congratulations! Published successfully but nothing opens nor a error messages.

• Hi Gerge, 

You'll want to check with your organization to see if they permit the creation of .DOC files in your system. Storyline 360 makes use of the older .DOC file format when publishing its published output, and we've seen cases before where certain restrictions in an organization prevented this older file from being created. 

If your organization allows the .DOC file format to be created, please open a support case here so we can take a closer look at what's happening.