Forum Discussion

sdj_cph
Community Member
10 days ago

slides are not published to web

I have just downloaded the story line and have tried to publish my work to web. but a lot of files is missing in the publish, for example in story_content/slides/ there are no files

I am on a trial basis

• Hi sdj_cph,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue when publishing your course!

I'm happy to help troubleshoot. First, I'd like to confirm that you followed these steps to publish your Storyline course for web distribution:

1. Enter Title, Description, and Folder Location
    2. Enter Additional Project Info (Optional)
    3. Adjust the Player Properties and Quality Settings
    4. Choose to Publish a Slide, a Scene, or the Entire Course
    5. Publish

When you view the story.html file, is there content missing? I'll look out for your reply so we can get this sorted as quickly as possible!

sdj_cph
      Community Member

I have done all above, and i do not get all the files needed to run it on a webserver

I get 

Maps:

Html5

mobile

story_content/ slides/no files in tis map

files:

analytics-frame

meta

story

EricSantos
        Staff

Hello Søren,

I'm happy to chime in. I tried publishing a sample Storyline course to the Web, and my course works as expected in a web browser. I see the same file structure as you.

Can you please try double-clicking the story.html file in File Explorer and seeing if it opens a browser so you can view your course as expected? If the course loads normally, then this is how it should appear once you upload the published Web output to a Web server.

If the course does not load normally, would you be willing to share your Storyline file with us so we can look at what you have set up? You may also share it privately by sending it along in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing