Forum Discussion

EleanorRichter
Community Member
6 months ago

Sharing Course Link vs. Publishing to Web

I need to share a course with community members outside of our LMS.  My understanding is, in order to do this, I would publish the course to the web.  However, if I just share the link from the course, they would be able to access the course just fine.  Is there any drawback to just sharing the link so my I/T Dept. doesn't have to do web server work?
Thank you!

Ellie

• The share course link is meant as a preview link and not as a means of ongoing course distribution.

If you can't upload the course to a web server, you could publish to Review and disable the commenting and just share the course.

Another option depending on your use case is to leverage Reach 360

AshlySevilla
      Community Member

Tom, the share link does not appear to be an option at all anymore. Is there a way to access it? 

KarlMuller
        Community Member

If you are the Course Owner or Manager collaborator,  you will have access to the SHARE tab, where you will find the SHARE link.

• Thank you, Tom!
    I just began hearing about Reach 360, this may be an option for us.  In the meantime, I just tested your idea about publishing to Review & sharing the course this way.  In doing so, I noticed a dropdown that shows the older versions of the course I made during development.  Is there a way to disable that to only show the current version to those I share it with?
    Thank you so much for your time and feedback!

Ellie

• Oh gosh, never mind.  I just found an option to Hide Versions in the dropdown carat next to the version in the upper left of the screen in Review.

Thanks again for your help and information!