Forum Discussion

JodieWarburton-
Community Member
11 months ago

Retrying Quiz in Storyline after Failing

Hello, 

I am hoping someone can help. I am trying to create a quiz within my learning course on Storyline. The pass rate is set at 70%. If they fail they must start the quiz again. However, when the user clicks on retry quiz, it gives the use the previous right answers. Is there another trigger I need to set to prevent this? 

• The Retry button should have a reset results trigger as the first option, which should be the case by default, unless it has been altered.

Is this a project you can share?

JodieWarburton-
      Community Member

I can't share it I'm afraid although that would be really helpful! I have also set reset results trigger after I noticed this didn't work the first time. Now I'm really unsure as to why it won't let the user retake the quiz. Could it be something to do with the amount of attempts the user has per question?

JodieWarburton-
      Community Member

It also won't let the user even pick a different answer the second time round. It's almost like it's stuck on that page even after the reset 

• Resetting the results will clear the attempts.  So that should not be the issue.  Your Try Again trigger should be two triggers.  One to reset and one to jump to whereever you want them to begin the second attempt.

Trigger order is important - Reset should be first.

JodieWarburton-
      Community Member

This worked thank you so much! Another point if you could help. How can you disable the next button if the person doesn't achieve the correct percentage? Currently storyline is allowing users to continue even when they need to 'retry' the quiz 

• Yes -  That would be a change state trigger.  You could add that trigger to the "failure" layer.  "Change the state of the next button to disabled, when the timeline starts on this layer"