Forum Discussion

GerdaFourie-4b4
Community Member
9 months ago

Record screen button inactive

I am building an eLearning course and I am using a few screen recordings from our Company portal. 

I've been switching between my Company machine and my own machine (which I primarily use due to performance). On my Company machine the button is active, but not on my own machine.

Is there some type of setting that disables the "screen record" button?

• Hi Gerda!

Happy to help with this!

Your company machine is likely utilizing 32-bit Storyline 360, where the screen recording feature is present. Are you using the 64-bit Storyline 360 application on your personal machine? Currently, the screen recording feature is not available in 64-bit Storyline 360. However, it is in development!

As a workaround, I would suggest authoring in 32-bit Storyline 360 to create or edit your screen recordings.

I've linked this discussion to the feature report being tracked, so you can be notified as soon as we have updates to share.

Have a great rest of your week!

GerdaFourie-4b4
      Community Member

Hi Steven

Thank you so much for replying! Yes that seems to be exactly the problem! I am happy to hear that it is in development in 64-bit. I've been using it so far on my private machine and I love it! 

• Hi Gerda! 

Glad to hear my colleague Steven was able to assist you. Great to hear you've been enjoying exploring our products! Always wonderful to hear that feedback! :) 

Hope that you have a wonderful holiday season and start to 2024! 🎉