Forum Discussion

AlisonDodge-0c4
Community Member
4 months ago

Quiz results triggers

When using the standard results slide, how would I set up triggers to show a failure/success layer? Do I even need to mess with the triggers if I'm using the stock results slide or is setting a passing score enough? Looks like the default is scorepoints greaterthan or equal to passpoints. But I'm not quite sure what the difference between scorepercent/points and passpercent/points is.

Attached are the triggers that are in there now, but I'm not quite sure if this is the correct situation. 

• The .PassPercent and .PassPoints variables store the amount needed to pass the quiz. 

The .ScorePercent and .ScorePoints variables store the amount achieved by the user. 

Note: Percentage ranges from 0 to 100%. Points are based on how many point you assign to each question. The default is 10 points per question. However, in Form View, you can assign a different point value. 

The default triggers on a standard Results slide will show the Failure layer when the user's score is less than (<) what's required to pass. When the score meets or exceeds (≥) the requirement, it will show the Success layer. That will happen based on the passing score you set. 

There's lots of info about quizzes and results in the User Guide: https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-storyline-360 

• Thanks, Judy! That's all super helpful. So am I correct in my thinking that when using the stock results slide, the passing score is all I need to set to ensure the success/failure layers are appearing at appropriate times? No playing with triggers here unless I want a different result?

JudyNollet
      Super Hero
      Alison Dodge

So am I correct in my thinking that when using the stock results slide, the passing score is all I need to set to ensure the success/failure layers are appearing at appropriate times? No playing with triggers here unless I want a different result?

Yup. 😁