Forum Discussion

PopeyesTraining
Community Member
2 months ago

Quiz Question Answers Formatting Issues

Okay, this has been annoying me for literally 11 YEARS. In fact, I just found a post I had made June 10, 2013, about this issue.

Here's the problem. When creating a question slide, you absolutely can NOT touch the formatting of quiz question slide answers. If you do, it messes with how they display.

One: the correct question has different formatting than the rest, it is next to the choice button, even tho the formatting (margin spacing) is the same for every answer.

Two: Multiple choice/guess answers will move around when different states are used (hover, selected, etc) 

So, in essence, you can't touch the bounding box of the answers, even if your question slide looks horrible. The instant you do, all the formatting gets messed up. 

Any ideas, solutions, tips are greatly appreciated!!

• Adding more info: As I go through this and try and figure out a solution, it's the correct answers that are messed up. If you select all answers on a question slide, for example, a multiple choice. Then with ALL answers selected, change the formatting of the text boxes to a left margin of 40 px, so there's a nice space between the button and the text, the "Normal" state of the answer will not change, tho all the other states do. So you have to go in to each answer, individually, edit the Normal state and change the margin, to make it work normally.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

I've honestly never experienced this issue? At least, not with all question choices/ answers.

It can happen if you mess around with one specific answer, but that's down to me changing one thing that's in a template. I kind of expect that behaviour.

You mentioned grabbing all the answers individually and resizing their width.

That's what the actual choices highlight box is for though. If you use it rather than the individual choices/answers boxes, the whole thing should resize fine without weird state changes.

Another idea might be to either set up your own Question template if you are doing this alot, or, if its only once in a while, you could use a FREEFORM question and then you have full control.

KristinRice
    Community Member

I'm currently experiencing this issue. I have three question slides in a row. The first two will NOT show the "Correct" answer layer, though they will show the incorrect slides. The last of the three will show the correct answer layer. The only difference I can see is that there is a "branching" icon on the slide that it is working (found on Form View / Set feedback and branching" (images below). I cannot figure out how to add the branching, as I'm suspecting that's the primary issue. Hopefully someone can help out. 

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Kristin,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the question slides. I appreciate you sharing the screenshots and a detailed description of your experience.

It would be helpful to see the Storyline file to understand why the layers are not showing. Would you mind sharing your project with us privately in a support case? We'll delete it when we're done testing.

Once you send the project file, we'll receive a notification, and one of our talented Customer Support Engineers will contact you to help resolve the issue.