Forum Discussion

rhondaMcCull038
Community Member
3 years ago

Publishing Storyline to launch from Sharepoint.

I have seen multiple discussions around this but nothing recent enough to provide the information I need. I need to launch a Storyline file being used as a job aid. They do not have an LMS and Rise isn't an option because they have to go through too many layers to get to the first hover over in the job aid. 

I published to web. I don't see in today's version what was mentioned in previous versions. When I went the way of changing the HTML to aspx, it downloads it to my desktop. There must be a trick to it because the only way I could change the HTML to aspx was to use notepad. When I use the story.html "as-is" it opens to a black screen.  Please tell me I'm just missing something and that this can be done. 

Thanks,    Rhonda  :)

• Not all SharePoint sites are set up to act as web servers, which is what you need to be able to play a Storyline course.

I suggest you contact your IT folks. 

AnaFebo
    Community Member

I've been trying to figure this out and I haven't had any luck. However, you can add the Review 360 link with comments/notifications turned off. I tried this and it worked for me. 

Hope this helps! :)

rhondaMcCull038
      Community Member

Thanks for the info. Hopefully there will be a better solution for those of us without an LMS and a large audience. Otherwise it's death by ppt :(