Forum Discussion

MarianWilleke
Community Member
13 days ago

Problems with links, colors, text since update

Hello! I have been trying to figure out this new update with adding text.  Typically, we create content in a Google Doc/Word document and then copy and paste in.  Previously, regardless of the size font in the original doc, when I pasted into Rise, it add it at the size font of the template that I was using.  With the new update, it copies the formatting from the original document. I can work around that by fixing my font size in original document.

Second thing is that now when there is a linked article or attachment, that hyperlink copies into Rise--which is great and saves significant time.  The problem is that it also copies the color of the link from the original document and then when I brand for a specific client, the linked text remains the same and does not automatically update with the theme color as it did in the past.  

Any suggested fixes, work arounds or adjustments I can make?
Thanks!

IrisSchlabitz
    Community Member

Hi, I also have the problem that formatting from word documents is taken over in RISE blocks when copied. This prolongs the editing time, since each of the blocks need to be manually re-formatted. Kindly fix as soon as possible.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi IrisSchlabitz!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

Rise 360 retaining text formatting when copying/pasting content from other documents is a new feature we just released, and expected behavior. If you need to strip the text of its formatting, you can press CTRL + Shift + V when pasting.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Stevie
    Community Member

I'll be following this thread too. My problem is related, but slightly different. I like to make all the hyperlinks primary blue and underlined (old school). But the theme imposes itself as soon as it registers a hyperlink. On this project that's not working because the theme colour is too weak against white. Have you got any advice for me?

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Rise now seems to use the theme color for hyperlinks. 

• Hello Marian, 

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to have our Support Engineers take a closer look at this for you. I've opened a support case on your behalf. They'll be in touch shortly via email. Thanks for your patience!

Have a great afternoon!