Forum Discussion

hannahstone-f3e
Community Member
2 years ago

Print slide button default to save PDF

Hi,

Is it possible to make the print slide destination default to 'Save as PDF' instead of a printer? 

I know that you can simply change the destination from the dropdown, but I would like to avoid any confusion in the case of those who are unfamiliar with how to do that.

Thanks

• hannah stone

Hi,

Is it possible to make the print slide destination default to 'Save as PDF' instead of a printer? 

I know that you can simply change the destination from the dropdown, but I would like to avoid any confusion in the case of those who are unfamiliar with how to do that.

Thanks

Hi Hannah,

You likely won't be able to do that from the Storyline side.  Rather, you'll need to have your users change the default printer on their machines.

You can follow these steps to make "Print to PDF" the default printer in Windows 10:

Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.

Type "control" into the Run dialog box and press Enter to open the Control Panel.

Click on "Devices and Printers" in the Control Panel.

Right-click on "Microsoft Print to PDF" and select "Set as default printer" from the context menu.

Close the Devices and Printers window.

Now, whenever you go to print a document, "Microsoft Print to PDF" will be the default printer, and you can select "Print" to save the document as a PDF file.

On a Mac, you can set up the "Save as PDF" option as the default by following these steps:

Open the "Printers & Scanners" preferences by clicking on the Apple menu at the top left of the screen, selecting "System Preferences," and then clicking on "Printers & Scanners."

In the "Printers & Scanners" preferences, find the "PDF" button located at the bottom of the left-hand column and click on it.

From the drop-down menu that appears, select "Edit Menu…"

Drag "Save as PDF" to the top of the list.

Close the "Printers & Scanners" preferences window.

Now, whenever you go to print a document, "Save as PDF" will be the default option in the PDF drop-down menu, and you can select it to save the document as a PDF file.