Forum Discussion

ChristaMeer
Community Member
12 months ago

Open Ended Questions

Hi

I have not found a way to capture the answers to open ended questions in Rise 360.  The Knowledge Check has the question type option but Knowledge Checks don't capture the answers and the questions are not scored.    The Quiz option does not have an open ended question type option.    I have not seen this question option and capture in Storyline. 

Any suggestions?  

ManenaLong
    Community Member

Could you add me to this list as well.
    I would love to be able to add open-ended questions 

• I ran some FREE 'live' workshops earlier this year that went through, step-by-step, how to create a downloadable pdf course notebook which included learner text input captured using Storyline blocks in a RISE course.

The method we used involved the pdf-lib JavaScript library and local browser storage to store the learner's text input until it could be retrieved at the end of the course. The workshops seemed to go pretty well and we have had several requests for recordings of those sessions

We are about to go one better and release the workshop as a FREE eLearning course. It's actually in two parts. We have already loaded the first part - which covers how to do this in a Storyline course. The second part (which uses much of the same JavaScript code) is in final stages of production and should be released next week.

Some more details can be found here.

The workshop is FREE - although you will be invited (purely optional) to make a donation to cover costs and help us develop more advanced workshops of this kind.

This won't meet everyone's needs - but it does work really well. PS don't worry if your JavaScript isn't up to much, the code used will be provided for download and is fully explained.

JohnCooper-be3c
      Community Member

NOTE: The Free workshop I mentioned in my post above is now available and you can enrol using the link in that post.

• Hello, this seems like a very obvious need in a learning designer's world. Do you have any timeline for the addition of this feature? This could greatly impact my decision to continue with this subscription. Thank you.

BoClarke-e34122
      Community Member

100% - I really need to use this feature now - it seems like it's been requested going back 4 years now?  Whats the hold up I wonder?

• Agree. There's an obvious need for more settings availability of the Knowledge Check feature in Rise 360, for example, the number of entries, and the open-ended questions. 

I have another request for the refresher course I’m working on. Can we configure the course so that learners must correctly answer a question to assess their understanding of the topics they've previously learned? If they select a wrong answer, they should be directed to review specific information related to that topic before they can proceed.