Forum Discussion

ElisabethH
Community Member
4 months ago

On revisit, having the layer resume to saved state

I'm having some trouble with the layers returning to the saved state. I have things occur on a layer (like an item sliding in or a motion path). 

Slide 1. 1 layers. Both the layer and the slide are set to resume saved state. On revisit, the slide goes to layer 1 but the layer hasn't completed yet, so the animation replays. How do I change the setting so clicking the back button to revisit layer 1 will result in the learner seeing the END of the layer 1 timeline versus starting at the beginning of layer 1 timeline? I don't want the slide animation to re-occur when the user clicks the back button.

Besides a bazillion triggers and variables, how do I make this happen? (I could maybe do a Slide 1=true when the user clicks the next button. And, if slide 1 = true then have timeline start at XX (end of timeline or something. But this has to be easier than that right?)

I'm having a similar issue with Slide 2. User goes to slide 3. Clicks back. Last layer of slide 2 appears but the user still has to click the next arrow to get the animation to trigger and check the form. I want the form to be checked already on re-visit.

Review Tool Demo: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/c63295bb-9308-41c1-aeec-0df4e478ce32/review

AnneDeFelice
    Community Member

I am having a similar issue with a Storyline block within Rise. 

Edit: I posted the issue at the thread you referred to above as it seems to be more current. https://community.articulate.com/discussions/discuss/layers-set-to-resume-saved-state-are-not-working-properly/887499

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Anne,

Thanks for reposting your question to the more current discussion! I see that my colleague Kelly responded. We can continue the discussion in that post to keep the information in one place.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi E-Learning Person,

I see you've connected with my teammate, Ian, about this! We'll be sure to update you with any news!

SusanTam-1c3fb5
      Community Member

Thank you for sharing! I feel your pain. I have already lost several hours to this. I also submitted a case.

KellyAuner
        Staff

Hi Susan,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I see Woojin has reached out to you in your case so we'll continue the communication there!

• I am experiencing the same bug. I say bug because a month ago everything was working fine. Today, while doing updates, my layers are replaying each time I go back to the slide.

ElisabethH
      Community Member

I did submit a case. It's happening on other projects now for me as well.

• I would recommend submitting the case as this is not the expected behavior.  

ElisabethH
      Community Member

Thank you. I just did. I was so sure I wasn't doing anything wrong!