Forum Discussion

RajaramanS
Community Member
4 months ago

NVDA screen reader reads unwanted space

Hi,

I have checked the module of Chinese version in the review link which is published by storyline version 3.85 with NVDA 2024.1 version. it reads some unwanted space mentioned in red color rectangle attached here.  when i checked in storyline, there is no texts and elements but screen reader reads some texts in that empty space. some time it reads blank in multiple times when using up/down arrows. how NVDA works in storyline files?  

RajaramanS
    Community Member

NVDA screen reader also reads and focuses on the line highlighted in blue, which is not a non-focusable area. Could you check and let me know how the screen reader interacts with Storyline modules ?

RajaramanS
    Community Member

I haven't added that line in the focus order. please check the attached screenshot 

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Rajaraman!

If you don't want screen readers to announce each object on the slide, then I'd make sure to uncheck the option; object is visible to accessibility tools in the Accessibility settings for the object.

If the object is still read off, could you share the .story file with us? You can share it in this discussion or privately in a support case.