Forum Discussion

MikielaGonzales
Community Member
2 months ago

My Retry Button/Trigger won't disable

Hi, 

I am seeking  assistance with an issue I am having.

My client wants their learner to be able to retry the quiz 3 times before it  records their score and allows them to move one. 

In Module 1, the retry button does reset the quiz results nor unmark the answers. The retry button also does not disable at the third attempt.

In Module 2, the retry does not disable at the third attempt.

Nedim
    Community Member

You should set the initial/default value of the Attempts variable to 1. Adjust your triggers as shown in the screenshot, and keep in mind that the order of the triggers is important in this case.

JudyNollet
        Super Hero

You forgot to set the default value of Attempts to 1 (as Nedim instructed). 

When the default = 0, that gives the user 3 clicks of the Retry button before the Attempts variable = 3. That's 4 attempts of the test. 

If you reset the default to 1, the variable will reach 3 after the user clicks the Retry button twice.

You can see this in the attached version. I switched the default value to 1. I also added a temporary text box to the Failure layer that shows the value of the Attempts variable. That's a helpful way to troubleshoot when you're working with variables. 

One more thing I did: I edited the Disabled state of the Retry button so it looks different when it is disabled. 

I suggest you also add triggers so the "Please try again" audio doesn't play when the Retry button is disabled. Instead, show a message that explains what the user should do after failing 3 attempts.

• Hi Judy,

Thank you so very much for your assistance in resolving this.

I very much appreciate it.

I will make the edits and review your document.

However, I am unable to download it as I receive this error.

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

I don't know why the download didn't work for you. It downloads for me. 

If you simply follow the instructions from my previous reply, you should be able to get your file working (without having to look at the changes in my file).