Forum Discussion

SoniaBaker-445d
Community Member
9 days ago

Master Slide Issues

I'm trying to use master slides to save in development time, but it seems like they are taking me more time. I used a master slide, but added a marker to it. The marker took the same properties/background as the master slide, so in creation I changed the background of the label and text so it shows, but when I preview it, the label isn't readable because the slide master properties are applied and it makes the marker have a black background, like my slide background. Is there a way to fix this?

It also seems like when I change something on my master slide, it doesn't carry over onto all my other slides. 

I appreciate any help!

• Hello SoniaBaker-445d,

Thanks for reaching out!
    I did a simple test by placing a marker in my Slide Master layout but didn't encounter any behavior similar to what you described. Here's a recording of my test for your reference. The test I did is super simple and other factors might need to be present before the problem appears so I'd like to take a look at your project file to see how your markers are set up. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or privately by opening a support case so for testing? We'll delete it when we're done!