Forum Discussion

MaxiGonzalez
Community Member
4 months ago

Launch_story.exe not working

Hello! Today my boss ordered me to solve a problem he had when opening a course. He has attached the course files to me. among them is an executable called "launch_story.exe". I have tried every means to get it to work, but I have not been able to get it to work. Digging through the files I have come to the possible conclusion that perhaps I was using Java (which no longer works) or perhaps that the course has expired. From what you have told me, the course dates back to more or less 2018/2020, hence my doubt that perhaps it has expired. Maybe you can solve my doubts. Thank you.

• It looks like that course may have been published using an older version of SL, which no longer works.  Do you have the Story file?

MaxiGonzalez
    Community Member

Hello Ron. Yes, I have the file but I cannot attach it completely because it exceeds the storage limit that I can upload. anyways I can upload the launcher so you can check it. Thanks!

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Maxi, 

Storyline 360's "publish to CD" option was removed when support for Internet Explorer was discontinued. This was because the "publish to CD" option (which created courses in .exe format) relied on Internet Explorer to work. 

Enhanced: Following Microsoft's lead, we ended support for Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) and removed the publish-to-CD option from Storyline 360.

Please republish your course using any of the available formats to get it to open properly.

• So your best bet is to republish the Story file in a current update of Storyline.