Forum Discussion

TedNguyen-f8061
Community Member
2 days ago

Latest version not auto playing embedded video

Hello all, 

I have a video on the slide that is supposed to play automatically when the timeline starts, but it is not working.  I tried to set it to play with variable and it is still not working. Any suggestion?

• If there is going to be media on those place holder slides, or if the user interacts with them in any way before you get to this video slide, then the auto play should work just fine

• I have no issues getting the video to play in your file once the blank slides are removed. Because the Blank slides do not contain any media, a Play icon to start the course is not generated.  Without that the Browser restrictions will typically not let media auto play on the first viewing.  I am not sure what the point of the blank slides that auto advance are in your build.  Once the user interacts with a course, PLay button or next, for example.  Auto play should work fine.

• Ron, thanks.  The blank slides are just fillers until the slide with the video come to play.  I didn't want to have the big black play button when you have a media on the first slide.  Did you review it on Review360?  That is where the problem occurs.

• If there is going to be media on those place holder slides, or if the user interacts with them in any way before you get to this video slide, then the auto play should work just fine