Forum Discussion

CandaceWestb311
Community Member
5 hours ago

Issues with layers

Hi. I am trying to create a slide with multiple layers and audio files. I added 2 layers to ensure it worked. It did, so I added 4 additional layers, but only the first two are showing. I checked the properties of each layer and made sure the box that says "hide other slide layers" is not checked. Can someone help me determine why only 2 of 6 layers are appearing?

• As Judy stated above, the layers will stack if you don't close each be for the next is opened. Make sure each layer closes before opening the next. You may need to add a trigger to close at the end of the audio or a button to close the layer. 

• When the box that says "hide other slide layers" isn't selected, the layers will stack on top of each other when they are shown. The stacking is based on their order in the Layers panel, so a layer at the top of the panel will appear on top of any layer below it. 

Thus, based on your description, I'd say that the layers are "showing," but you're not seeing them because another open layer is appearing on top of them. The solution would be to select that "hide other slide layers" checkbox, which will ensure that only 1 layer appears at a time. 

If that's not the issue, well, further troubleshooting is just guessing without seeing the .story file. If you upload it, someone might be able to solve the issue.

Here are the best practices for uploading a .story file:

• Only include slides that are related to the problem.
    • Be sure objects, layers, motion paths, and variables have meaningful names.
    • If there is proprietary content, replace or delete it. For example, replace proprietary text with “ipsum lorem” text.