Forum Discussion

JadeKelsall-2ea
Community Member
4 months ago

Issue with order of layers

Hi gang. I'm having a really strange issue that I've never seen before.

I have a screen with multiple layers. There is a question layer (layer 1) which, on submitting, displays a feedback layer (layer 2) on top with layer 1 still visible. Learner clicks a button on layer 2 which shows the second question (layer 3) and hides layers 1 and 2, and so on.

What I am seeing is that layer 2 is appearing but the content is displaying *beneath* the content of layer 1, rather than on top as I would expect.

This issue has presented itself on several screens, and when I built them last week they were working as expected so I am stumped!

Any help or suggestions would be apprecaited

• It's really hard to say, without being able to look closely at the project involved. Al;lowing others to look at it gives you a better chance of getting a solution, or, at the very least, finding out it is a reproducible bug, and not just something you are doing. 

Troubleshooting is just guessing without seeing the .story file. If you upload it, someone might be able to solve the issue. Here are the best practices for uploading a .story file:

• Only include slides that are related to the problem.
    • Be sure objects, layers, motion paths, and variables have meaningful names.
    • If there is proprietary content, replace or delete it. For example, replace proprietary text with “lorem ipsum” text.
    • Use a browser to come to this page, and click "Add Attachment at the bottom of your post to upload.