Forum Discussion

PeteSmithies
Community Member
2 years ago

Interface and Preview resolution

Is anyone else seeing really poor resolution when designing and previewing in storyline? 
Published versions look pretty good - but when you preview pages or scenes - the quality is awful.

Similarly the interface is terrible when you compare with other apps 
e.g  Word - see attachment.

It's been over a year since I built my last project with Storyline - I cannot believe how little if anything has changed and just how long it takes to add new features/functionality and other improvements. 

• Hi Pete,

Great question! I understand you are seeing a difference in resolution when designing and previewing using Storyline 360. I’m happy to work with you to figure out why this is happening!  I have a few follow-up questions regarding your displays so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

• Do you have the scale setting in Display Settings set to 100%? You could find that setting in Windows 11 under System>Display>Scale.
    • How many monitors are you using?
    • Are you using any 4k monitors?

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!

PeteSmithies
      Community Member

Thanks for your email response.

Your suggestion re display settings is irrelevant as I am doing a straight comparison between Storyline and any number of other apps and your interface is nowhere near as crisp as other software.

I am amazed that you are not aware of this – or how storyline previews are of such low quality in comparison with published ones.

• Hi Pete,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Storyline 360. They are appreciated. I'll be sure to share them with our product team.

If there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate to ask!

PeteSmithies
      Community Member

Another polite but ultimately irrelevant response.
      Can you at least agree that the resolution in preview and the interface is
      really bad
      Are you actually going to do anything about it?

Regards

Pete