Forum Discussion

SamHill
Super Hero
2 days ago

Frequent discussion board issues

Hi there,

I'd like to report a lot of frequent issues with the new discussion board. Here's what I frequently experience throughout the week since the new community has been launched:

• Selecting reply will frequently result in this: 

• Sometimes when I reply, my post disappears, so I reply again, it disappears, so I reply again, it disappears etc. Sometime later all of my replies show up making it look like I'm spamming a post.
  • Sometimes the reply and like buttons are disabled and cannot be selected.
  • Sometimes when I go to my profile, no discussion load. Just an empty profile.
  • Sometimes when I select a link to add video the From video URL link isn't there.

The software just seems really buggy and seems a bit hit and miss whether I'm going to be able to post, reply or view issues.

I'm on a very stable broadband connection (fibre to the office), and when I've had issues, have checked my connection and has been fine.

Hopefully these get resolved quickly as I just give up sometimes. If this is happening to other people frequently, it's going to impact the community.

Cheers,
Sam

• Yes. I've also been having huge issues with the site and Chrome, over the last week in particular. It is throwing all sorts of errors in the panel while trying to load discussions or profiles (despite being fully updated). I've had to resort to using Firefox to be able to read or reply reliably.

• SamHill : I agree. In addition to some UI issues, the new site doesn't seem stable. Here are the problems that have frustrated me recently: 

• My Notification icon indicates I have new notifications. When I click it, the page is completely blank in the notification area—not even showing older notifications.
    • I clicked to edit one of my replies, and it showed the Cancel and Update buttons, but not the content of the reply. (Fortunately, this resolved when I closed the window and reopened the discussion.) 
    • In the last few days, there have been multiple times when I tried to open a discussion, and it wouldn't open. It just looked like it was trying to load something.

That last one is quite problematic. If I can't open a discussion, I can't reply to it.

• More issues today.

• Could not insert a YouTube video. Invalid Video URL is the reason given for this video URL https://youtu.be/Cu3ji07BY1o

• My post would not keep the attachment. The attachment appeared to be in the post, but as soon as I hit Reply or Update, the attachment was no longer in the post.

Are Articulate tracking issues with the discussion board, as it's getting really frustrating to use.