Forum Discussion

TanyaVladic-1f1
Community Member
3 years ago

Font changing on course landing page when published

Hi,

I've been using the same Rise Articulate files/templates for more than a year now, and I've noticed over the last few days when I publish them the font on the course landing page is changing. When I preview the files, the font is showing correctly. The heading fonts and body fonts are all set to Roboto.

The fonts are appearing correctly throughout the module, it is only the course landing page. It is not happening on all files I publish - just sporadically (3 out of 12 files so far)

Any assistance would be appreciated :)

Tanya

• Hello everyone!

I have great news to share! We are no longer seeing this bug where the font changes when zooming into the description in a Rise 360 course. Please let us know if you're still noticing the issue, and we'll be happy to continue troubleshooting with you in a support case. 

• Hi Tanya!

Are you hosting the published files online on a web server or LMS before you view them? If not, try hosting them in your intended environment, and let me know if you see a difference!

TanyaVladic-1f1
      Community Member

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for your reply. When I view the files in Rise (preview mode) they are appearing as they should. Once published, and viewed in our LMS the font changes.

• Thanks for that context, Tanya. Do you notice a difference in font depending on what web browser you're using to view the course in the LMS?

For example, do you see the wrong font in all browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge? 

TanyaVladic-1f1
      Community Member

Hi Alyssa,

Yes, I’ve checked across all browsers and the font is incorrect for all.

CNavarro
        Former Staff

Hi Tanya, thanks for checking the issue on different browsers. We would love to take a closer look at your font. Can you upload them here? Our support engineers are ready to help.

By the way, replying via email includes your signature with contact information in the public forum. Feel free to edit your reply here and here.

• Hi Chino,

Apologies for my delayed response; when you say you'd like to take a closer look at my font - I use 'Roboto' which is one of the default font Articulate Rise options. I don't use custom fonts. I'm also now seeing this font change consistently across my files as I publish them. 

Thanks,

Tanya

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Tanya! Thanks for letting us know that you're using Roboto all throughout the course. This is indeed one of the default fonts. So sorry to hear this is happening. Please open a support case with us here so that one of our technical support engineers can work with you on this.

SorayaHamming
    Community Member

Hi,
    I have the same problem with the changing font on the landing page in Rise. But it's very strange, only on smartphone (portrait and landscape), and on Ipad portrait. Not on desktop or Ipad landscape. I publish to web, and I am not using Roboto or a default font, but I am using a custom font. Can you help me with this too? Soraya

• @Soraya, this is the feedback I got from the support team:

'I suspect that this is related to an open bug. May I please ask if you could zoom in/out through the course window and see if the fonts will change back to the original font?'

There is no ETA on the fix, which is unfortunate. So our learners will still be experiencing this issue, hopefully it will get fixed soon.

SorayaHamming
      Community Member

@Tanya, thank you for replying. I hope this will be fixed soon too.
      It's difficult to sell to my client, because they immediately saw that it deviates from their brand guide ... and hard to tell them that it's a bug in the software and there is no ETA on fixing this...

• Hello everyone!

I have great news to share! We are no longer seeing this bug where the font changes when zooming into the description in a Rise 360 course. Please let us know if you're still noticing the issue, and we'll be happy to continue troubleshooting with you in a support case.