Forum Discussion

JamiePhillip672
Community Member
4 months ago

Drag and Drop Not Working

Hello!  I'm trying to make a drag and drop and I have it set to two attempts.  But when I test it for incorrect answers, it does not jump to the try again layer, but directly to the incorrect layer.  I'm trying to use a motion path to reset the incorrect items back to their initial state, and that's only going to work from the try again layer, which the drag and drop isn't taking them to.  Ideas? 

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

There is a current bug with Drag and Drop, but this is quite specific to the "return items to start position if dropped outside" setting.

I havent heard of - nor experienced -  a bug with the Try Again settings of drag and drop (and Ive been using quite a lot of drag and drops over the last week)

Jamie, I would probably advise doing the normal Storyline checks:
    - are you sure you have set the "Attempts" to 2
    - is the layer name specifically "Try Again"
    - is the Motion Path layer definitely set to "reset to initial view"
    - motion paths can have a trigger at the end of them, are yours definitely clear from triggers
    - what happens if you delete the "Incorrect" layer?

...and if, after all that it still isnt working, then there is maybe some rogue code, trigger or setting that has bugged out. Copy/pasting your assets to a new slide and then reapplying the Freeform Region normally irons these out.

And I would leave out the custom motion paths for now while diagnosing. They will be 100% fine to do (and your idea sounds great) but motion paths can introduce quite a bit of additional complexity which I think is making it hard for you to track down the issue.

Good luck! ;)

• Hi Jamie, 

Happy to look into this for you!

Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!