Forum Discussion

AndrewGlennie-3
Community Member
8 days ago

Continue Button disappearing after access

Hi People,

In several modules we use the Continue button to pause progress through the module. Today we found that once the button is selected, it disappears. Should the learner return to the module, the button doesn't reappear. Images in attached document. This behaviour has just happened and we're wondering what has been changed.

TIA

Andrew

KarlMuller
    Community Member

For our organization, Continue buttons have always only appeared the first time a student takes a course.

TeeLe
    Community Member

Hi Andrew,

This happened to me while using rise too. I want to visible the navigation but strictly stop learners to skip lessons (but they can review the previous lessons only). But as they click back, the continue button disappear just like yours. So that why i need to hide the navigation menu :(. Any solution then?

• Hi AndrewGlennie-3 and TeeLe!

Thanks for reaching out! Glad to see Karl has been helping you!

I can confirm the behavior you described is expected. In Rise 360, Continue buttons do disappear once clicked by a learner to allow for free navigation of the course. However, we are tracking a feature request for the option to keep the Continue button visible once clicked. I'll share your feedback with our product team, letting them know this enhancement would benefit you!

We'll be sure to provide updates if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

JoanneBaguley
        Community Member

StevenBenassiWe ran into this issue today also. Pls add us to the list of customers asking for Continue buttons to stay visible.  Thanks.

• Thanks Steven. We have only just noticed the behaviour - one of our team is actively involved in group delivery of modules and the Continue button didn't disappear previously hence the query. I note that the dropdown for the Continue Button type says Always show button. 

Regards

Andrew

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Always has a different meaning than you think it does. 

The three Completion options in your screen shot relate to which blocks a person must complete before the Continue button is enabled (before it becomes clickable).

The option None (Always show button) means that the student does not have to complete any specific blocks to enable the Continue button (it's always shown as enabled).