Forum Discussion

TracyLogan-2c79
Community Member
4 years ago

Complex drag and drop - need help!

I have 3 of the same drag objects that can go to 3 different drop objects. I only want one to be accepted in those correct drop objects. 

For this example, I have Funding Issue in 3 objects. Each can go to either General Manager, F&I, or Accounting. I have that set up correctly. What I don't want is 2 Funding Issues to be on General Manager, or 2 Funding Issues to be on F&I, or 2 Funding Issues to be on Accounting. I feel like this could be done in a trigger but I can't find where or how to do this.

• I feel like all you need to do is go to drag-and-drop options and tick the option about allowing only one drag item in drop area. 

• I have 8 more drag objects that need to be setup. I don't think that would work since those other 8 drag objects could be on those same drop areas.

• Ah, yes ... that becomes complex fast. 
    I am afraid you would need a ton more triggers.

I would think about redesigning the interaction, perhaps drop down menus or something, where you avoid this problem. 

• My company really wanted a matching, like showing lines going from item to item but I couldn't figure that out. I figured this would be a happy option for them. I don't mind setting up a lot of triggers if someone can show me how to set up these 3, then I can do the rest.