Forum Discussion

ValCeolin
Community Member
2 years ago

Characters in bad resolution

I never had problem cropping the characters before. However, recently I updated my Storyline and when I crop a character it gets blurry in the preview version and in the browser. Then, I need to save the character as an image to be able to crop, and keep the good resolution. This is a lot of unnecessary steps... Is anyone else having this issue? (please see attached).

Mike_Marcos
    2 years ago

Hello everyone, thank you for your patience. Some good news, we just released Update 80 which addresses the quality issue in cropped characters.  Follow the steps in this article to install this update. 

Thank you, 
    Michael Marcos
    Customer Support Product Liaison

• Thanks for sharing what you see on your end, Jeremy, and I'm sorry you're also running into this issue regarding blurry illustrated characters.

I shared your report with our team, and we'll notify you of any changes.

• Hi Robert, I'm sorry that this hasn't gotten attention in the past months. We have been aggressively chasing down bugs this year that have had a broad impact on customers. I'll make sure this gets to the right place. 

I took a closer look at this one, and I could not reproduce this issue until I previewed just the slide where the cropped character was on. Whenever I previewed or published my entire file, the blurriness goes away. 

Wondering if this is the same for you, or if you're also seeing the blurry quality when publishing the entire course. I'm on the latest update (Update78).

RobertWestfa536
      Community Member

Hi Michael,

I am on the latest update as well, and I have published an entire scene and still have the blurry images. It is happening with the modern illustration characters and when cropping to a shape.

It also happens when just cropping normally.

I think your team needs to focus on the modern illustration characters.

See attachment.

UPDATE: I experimented with publishing the entire file versus publishing just one scene and the blurriness went away when I published the entire file....BUT that is still a problem...often designers need to publish just one scene or one slide of a larger file...so there is still an issue your team needs to solve.

It seems they should focus on what is happening during the publishing of single slides or single scenes...that doesn't happen when publishing an entire file.

Mike_Marcos
        Staff

Hello everyone, thank you for your patience. Some good news, we just released Update 80 which addresses the quality issue in cropped characters.  Follow the steps in this article to install this update. 

Thank you, 
        Michael Marcos
        Customer Support Product Liaison

• HI Robert, 

Appreciate the insight. Yes, this affects modern and illustrated characters when cropped and publishing/previewing specific slides and scenes. It does not affect photographic characters and when previewing/publishing the entire course.

I'm with you and still believe this is something we need to look at regardless of the workaround.  

Best,

Mike

KatieBrundage
    Community Member

I, too, am experiencing the cropping/blurring issue. Any updates on when this bug will be fixed? Thank you.

• Hi Katie,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. While I don't have an update on this currently, our team is looking into it, and we will certainly update this discussion if we have news to share. In the meantime, I see that you’ve reached out to our Support Engineers and are working with my teammate, Mark. You’re in great hands! We’ll continue the conversation in your support case.

LukaPeters
    Community Member

I sometimes use characters from Storyline in Rise. Just as in PowerPoint it is possible to save any graphic as png or other format. Yet, the resolution Storyline produces is really bad, and there's no possibility to tune this during the saving process. So, my workaround is to manually make a screenshot with my prefered tool PicPick for a sharp graphic. 

• Hi Jennifer, 

I couldn't see the images you've attached. But I could reproduce the issue from what I gleaned in your response, and I'll take this to our engineers to see what could be going on. 

This won't affect the published output if you publish/preview the entire project, the images will come out crisp.

Thanks for letting me know, 
    Mike