Forum Discussion

KarenCote
Community Member
9 days ago

Can you export Articulate AI generated audio for use outside of Articulate?

Can anyone currently using AI for Articulate tell me if you can export audio created by AI text-to-speech? This would allow us to save renewal cost on our narration software and invest the savings in AI for Articulate.

JudyNollet
    5 days ago

Good insights! I was focused on the TOS for "Articulate-generated" content, and I already had the screenshot of section 2.12, because using such content has been brought up in other discussions.

But you're correct that that doesn't necessarily include AI-generated content, even if it was generated while using Articulate software. 

Here's a more relevant section of the TOS: 

I'll also add this link to the Legal & Compliance section of Articulate's AI FAQ: https://access.articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-360-FAQs-Articulate-AI#legal-and-compliance 

Since I'm not a lawyer, I'll leave others to determine how best to follow those rules.

PaulSchneider1
      Community Member

That is an important element to point out. However this content was generated with Open AI (as noted in their release info). This doesn't seem to fall under the same agreement terms (which would for sure apply to sample courses and stock art). In the agreement it also notes that copyright isn't handled by their normal agreement (e.g., stock art you can use freely in Articulate courses with no issues with potential copyright violations.)

JudyNollet
        Super Hero

Good insights! I was focused on the TOS for "Articulate-generated" content, and I already had the screenshot of section 2.12, because using such content has been brought up in other discussions.

But you're correct that that doesn't necessarily include AI-generated content, even if it was generated while using Articulate software. 

Here's a more relevant section of the TOS: 

I'll also add this link to the Legal & Compliance section of Articulate's AI FAQ: https://access.articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-360-FAQs-Articulate-AI#legal-and-compliance 

Since I'm not a lawyer, I'll leave others to determine how best to follow those rules.