Forum Discussion

WhitneyLowe
Community Member
5 years ago

Best Practices for display in LearnDash

I have a Rise course with multiple lessons and am wondering  how best to move the content into our LearnDash LMS. What is the best way to employ a multi-lesson Rise course into LearnDash, since it also has a course/lesson structure? Is it best to load the Rise course as one entire LearnDash lesson or break the Rise course up into smaller pieces and load them into separate LearnDash Lessons or Topics?

• Hey everyone 

We just started using LearnDash and we are very new to the plugin. We have a RISE account where we create courses and we would like to import either the whole course or just selected blocks from the course. If we build the content directly on LearnDash and we would like to import only specific blocks from Rise (say sorting cards for example) - what is the best way to do this and what other tools do we need to buy? 

Thanks! 

Idan 

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi,

You cannot export only specific blocks from Rise e.g. just a sorting card block.

The smallest part that you can export rom Rise is a Microlearning, which is essentially a course with a single Lesson.

• Hi Long!

Cindi might not be subscribed to this discussion, but you're welcome to contact them directly through their profile by clicking on their name and selecting Contact Me.

PankajAgrawal
    Community Member

Hi Cindi,

If you are using Open in new Window, the "Exit Course" button should work well. 

If you are using Lightbox, the lightbox has its own close button. 

And, if you are use In Page, you are already on the page, so closing will not be required. 

Regards,
    Pankaj
    (from GrassBlade) 

CindiDelany
      Community Member

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you.  Apparently I chose the only Rise content viewing option where those "Exit" buttons didn't work.  😄

Can you aim me at the right Grassblade resource to deal with issues of Rise components not being marked as complete.  I am trying a few different options with variable success and have a feeling you at Grassblade just have this documented somewhere that I could refer to.

Thank you again for your help!

Cindi

WhitneyLowe
    Community Member

Hi Joanne:

Actually I ended up moving the whole course back into Storyline and didn't end up using the Rise version at all. Sorry I wasn't able to be of more help there.

• If you don't need reporting then learndash on its own should work

KellyBarnes-7a8
      Community Member

How do you add it in Phil? I cant seem to find anything instructional anywhere. 

nsssaurabh
        Community Member

Hi,

If you do not need any reporting then you can export your package as HTML5, and upload it on your hosting. Put it in a folder something called "My-Rise-Courses". Now extract your package in this folder.

In the extracted folder, look for a file called index.html, now you need to create a URL to this file starting from your domain and all the folders in between.

It will look something like this: https://example.com/My-Rise-Courses/course-1/index.html

Now you have everything to play your content in the LearnDash LMS. Add HTML block in your lesson editor and add code like this: 

<iframe src="https://example.com/My-Rise-Courses/course-1/index.html" title="description">

It will play your content in the LearnDash LMS or any other WordPress post or page. Here is another thread related to LearnDash LMS: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/articulate-storyline-360-and-learndash

Learndash LMS does not support/integrates with Rise and Storyline, nor supports xAPI and SCORM standards out of the box. Also does not provide any upload options for HTML5 packages. 

You can follow the above process to add your content or use our plugin called GrassBlade xAPI Companion. It gives you tons of features including content management, uploading, and adding to the lesson or quiz.

if you do not need reporting and using html5 package you do not need an LRS, for xAPI and SCORM packages you need an LRS or GrassBlade LRS depending upon your needs.

Regards,
        Saurabh
        (from GrassBlade)

JeffDodge
    Community Member

Hi Whitney,

You could check out:

https://www.uncannyowl.com/downloads/tin-canny-reporting/

I use it on my LearnDash LMS for reporting on my Storyline courses but it also allows you to get the TinCan statements from Storyline and Rise and then report on them.  You could then put your whole Rise Course into 1 Lesson and then report on everything that your student does.

I'm a WordPress, LearnDash geek!  Let me know if I can help!

Regards,

JEff

JoshNagel
      Community Member

Hi Jeff

long time, long shot here but do you know of a way I can put a button or link at the end of my Rise content to close it and auto open the Quiz?

CINDIVANGEL
      Community Member

Jeff, I have 3 Courses in Rise that are part of LearnDash in Wordpress.  I am not the dev, i am the owner, so forgive the ignorance of my semantics.  I need to report of the progress of each user within a Course, and all Tin Canny permits is Complete or Not Started. Seemingly since I have many lessons within each Section and several Sections with Quizzes within each Course, I should be able to view/report the progress of each User within a Course. But that isn't  happening. Any suggestions?

ArikaClarkAlejo
      Community Member

Jeff I need help! Would love to connect to hire you for some guidance as I have a rise course in learndash, and even have tiny canny, but cannot get these things to talk to each other.