Forum Discussion

TzviGordon-702d
Community Member
7 days ago

Arial font issue in Storyline

Hi all,

I am using simple Arial font in my Storyline e-learning, and it seems that the digits looks as if they are not in Arial, but in another fall-back font.
Actually, I am not sure that the text itself is Arial. It might be that the fall-back font is Arial.

I am using the latest Storyline 360 x64 version.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

• Hi,

I am using the exact version you've mentioned.

And yes, I tried to re-install the software, and also tried to install older versions, upto April.

Thanks!

• Hi TzviGordon-702d

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your file with us. It's great to know you're working with the latest version of Storyline 360! 

Similar to Phil, I tested this on my end and was unable to replicate this behavior. 

• I'm curious, if you highlight just the numbers, do you see a different font name populate?
    • Just to clarify, where are you experiencing this behavior? ( In the Slide view, Preview, or Published Output)

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

TzviGordon-702d
      Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The font stays the same when I highlight the number. As I said I am not sure only the digits are corrupted. I think only in the digit it is visible.

When I type Hebrew letters (which Arial should support and look the same as English letters), it looks different too (see screenshot attached). It looks bold, thought it is not defined as bold.

I experience this behavior in any of the views, but only in Articulate and only in Arial. I use Adobe Creative Cloud software and don't experience any problem. 

Note that it happens in two different computers, with different OSs.

Thanks.

LucianaPiazza
        Staff

Hi TzviGordon-702d,

Thanks for the update. I have a few follow-up questions for you!

You mentioned that you're using Storyline 64-bit. Could you please share what version you are currently running? The latest version is:  (Build 3.92.33293.0

Have you tried a repair of Storyline 360? If not, please do so. It will be helpful to know if uninstalling and then re-installing the application helps resolve what you are experiencing with the font. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• previews fine for me you might want to reinstall the font