Forum Discussion

ShawnaGigacz-47
Community Member
6 months ago

Am I able to access the Slide Master of a custom template somehow?

I have created a prototype with multiple different slide types and converted it into a template so people who are not very savvy with SL can create a course easily by importing the slide they need and edits links and text. I was hoping to be able to still access the Slide Master within those templates incase there are things like colour changes in the future, and we can change it in one place, and it will change on all of the slides but when I imported the template slide, it was not showing under the Slide Masters. I assume it is not possible but wanted to see if there was another way.

• Hi Shawna,

Happy to look into this for you!

Slide Master layouts should be included when you import slides from a Storyline 360 template. They'll appear as additional Slide Masters positioned at the end of the layout list in Slide Master View. If you're not seeing these Slide Masters when you import the template into your file, there's a chance an issue occurred during import.

Would you be willing to share a copy of your Storyline 360 .story and .storytemplate files here or in private by opening a support case so we can check what happened? We'll delete them when we're done!