Forum Discussion

JoshHarris-933a
Community Member
2 years ago

Allow forward seeking not working.

Hello,

I have made a Rise 360 course with two embeded videos. We want to allow users to pause the videos to review information on screen, and to move the playhead back and forth to go over information, without having to rewatch the videos. I have enabled forward seeking to allow this, but on both of the videos when the playhead is touched, the videos restart. 

Any advice on this?

• Hey Josh,

How did you create your videos? I wonder if the settings need to be adjusted on the video to H.264.

• Hi Ron,

The videos are created in Camtasia, and in other players, Windows Media and VLC, the playhead can be moved with no issues.

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi Josh,

I see that you're working my team on this issue. Feel free to connect with Renato this week when it works for you!

• Hi Josh,

I can see that my colleague, Mark, has recently sent a response about his findings.  You can email him if you wish to discuss this video issue further.

• Can you please let us know what the resolution for this issue was/is? I am having the same issue, 'Allow forward seeking' is ticked but as Josh experienced, it doesn't allow seeking and simply skips back to the start!.

LeaSAgato
      Staff

Hi Toni,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problem with your video playback in Rise. Try re-encoding your video and see if that fixes the issue. You can use Handbrake. Here's how:

1. Download, install, and open the HandBrake app.
      2. Drop your video file on the HandBrake app. Or, click Open Source on the ribbon and import your video file.
      3. In the summary settings, mark the Web Optimized box, as shown below. You can leave all the other settings as they are.
      1. Click Start Encode on the ribbon to re-encode your video.

Once you've done that, re-upload your video and check if you're still seeing the forward seeking issue. Let me know how it goes!

DavidTappenden
        Community Member

I have the same issue. I have tried the exact steps above and I still have the same issue.

I used Camtasia 2021 to edit and publish the video and output in the standard 1080p option. This is what I have done in the past for years and never encountered this issue.