Forum Discussion

StephanieHarnet
Super Hero
3 days ago

Create an AI Podcast in 5 Easy Steps

For eLearning Challenge #479, I created a step-by-step tutorial about creating an AI podcast and delivered this tutorial as a video podcast, Here’s the quick take, but first take a look at the final result.

Step 1: Creating Podcast Audio

I used Notebook LM, a free tool from Google, to create an audio podcast. After uploading the materials that outlined the exact steps needed to create an AI podcast with talking avatars, I clicked the Audio Overview button, and *poof*, the podcast was created. You can feed Notebook LM many types of content on literally any subject and it will flawlessly generate a conversation about it. You can also instruct it to use a specific tone and approach. Within a minute, it created the audio along with FAQs, briefing notes, table of contents, timeline, and study notes for my topic.

Step 2: Editing the Audio

Once I created the audio, I uploaded it into Adobe Audition to separate tracks for our two podcast hosts, as this is important for the next step.

Step 3: Creating Talking Avatars

I headed over to HeyGen to bring our hosts to life as talking avatars. This was easy to do and added a fun, visual element to the podcast. You'll notice it's not perfect...yet. It's getting really close with some characters more fluent and natural than others. 

Step 4: Editing the Video

I recorded my steps using Camtasia Rev, capturing every detail of the process. Then, I brought these recordings and the avatars into Camtasia to add visual effects, sounds, titling, and more. This transformed raw footage into a polished video.

Step 5: Hosting and Repurposing as Microlearning in Rise

After editing, I showed how to share the video by uploading it to Articulate Review. Alternatively, you could also upload it to YouTube. But why stop there? I took it a step further by creating a microlearning module in Articulate Rise. This repurposing transforms the podcast into a learning event, incorporating intro and outro content we can easily expand with tips, links, and more.

Check out the video on Review and the microlearning module on Rise

Happy podcasting!

Stephanie

DanSweigert
    Community Member

Stephanie, This was really amazing. I was really impressed by the script for the characters. The writing sounded very natural. The audio sounded pretty impressive as well with a minimum of awkward moments like when she pronounced one of the words with a weird pause in between syllables, but overall, it was pretty impressive. The video was pretty good, but you could see a lot of repitition in the movements and expressions that were more clearly random. It sort of looked like a modernized version of the robots at Disney's Carousel of Progress. But you did an excellent job creating the podcast and pulling all the elements together.