Forum Discussion

Jaisuriya
Community Member
20 days ago

Urgent Assistance Required for Critical Issues in Storyline 360

Hello Team,

After updating my Storyline 360 application, I’ve encountered several serious issues during development that are severely impacting my team workflow. Below are the key problems we are facing:

1. Alignment Issues: I carefully align content within the slides, but after saving and reopening the file, the alignment shifts unexpectedly, distorting the layout.
  2. Motion Path Animation Misalignment: Previously, motion path animations functioned smoothly. However, since the update, after aligning content and applying motion paths, the alignment changes, causing the elements to overlap.
  3. Slides Disappearing: This is the most critical issue. I developed a course with 12 slides, but after saving and reopening the file the following day, only 2 out of the 12 slides remained.

These issues are significantly affecting our productivity and are putting us at risk of missing project deadlines. Additionally, they could compromise our performance in front of our clients, as these setbacks require my team to spend more time than anticipated, extending project timelines.

I would appreciate your immediate attention to these matters, as resolving them is crucial to maintaining our development schedule and meeting client expectations.

Thank you for your prompt support.

Best regards,
Jai Suriya

• That is some odd behavior. Sorry to hear that.  Can you confirm that you are working on your local C drive?

• For the motion path misalignment if you are sure it is the update then you can rollback to the previous version.

Items shouldn't shift when opening and closing or disappear, if you are working locally as Ron suggests then I would look at your backup processes, should be able to restore a version with the missing slides, and then I would raise a ticket to get support.