Forum Discussion

EleanorMackenzi
Community Member
4 days ago

Uploading storyline files from ZIP files

A previous organisation created modules for us via storyline.  they have shared these back to me via Zip files and I am now trying to upload these back onto storyline but failing.  I have exported the zip files but when I go to "import storyline" I am not getting the correct "storyline" file / option.  I know I can do it as they previously showed me, but I can't remember the bit I need to do to allow me to upload the storyline back onto our system.  Any help would be appreciated.  Many thanks

• .story file is actually a variation of a zip file. It's possible that the extension got changed. So change the ".zip" extension to ".story" and then try to open it with Storyline. 

Unfortunately, if the zip file just contains a published version of the course, there's no way to change that back to a .story file. 

The zip file would include the media used in the course. And you could unzip the files, and play the course to see it in action. But, for editing, you'd have to create a new .story file.

• Thanks Judy, I have previously been able to do this.  Downloading the zip files and then upload in storyline.  There is something I am not doing when in Storyline to pull the file through and I can't remember what that step is!

• Did you change the .zip extension to .story like Judy suggested? SL will not load any file except those with a .story extension.