Forum Discussion

AdamLamb-24a299
Community Member
3 months ago

Try Again Layer Not Hiding

Hello,

I recently made updates to a Storyline course I built a few years ago. After making some minor text changes and re-publishing the course, I've found that all of my Knowledge Checks were broken, despite not touching those slides during the update. 

Despite each layer being set to hide other layers, the "Try Again" layer appears every time the question is submitted. It appears IN ADDITION to the Incorrect or Correct layers. I even tried adding a trigger to every other layer to manually hide the "Try Again" layer, but they do nothing. Also, despite every layer being set to prevent clicking on the base layer, I'm still able to. 

None of these bugs were present previously.

I've spent hours trying to figure this out, but nothing I do changes its behavior. 

The course is now broken, and I cannot release it to my client in this state. 

I even opened previous versions of the Storyline source file and despite the SCORM packages that were published using them having none of these issues, when I open the SL file and test any of these slides, the errors are now appearing. It looks like SL is breaking the file as soon as it's opened. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

AdamLamb-24a299
      Community Member

Thank you. I've just done that. I just finished having two other devs on my team test and confirm that the bug is appearing for them as well. Fingers crossed that Articulate has a workaround they can recommend. 

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Adam!

Sorry to hear you and your team have run into this setback! Glad to see Judy has been helping you.

I noticed you've also opened a support case that's been received by my teammate, Cleober. You're in excellent hands working with him and he should be getting in touch with you shortly! We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.