Forum Discussion

CarlosKiyan-Tsu
Community Member
2 months ago

Troubleshooting SCORM Report details in Moodle for Storyline Content

I have created a file in Storyline that combines text and various types of graded questions. I exported it using SCORM 1.2 and uploaded it to Moodle. After testing, the report doesn't show the details. What could be wrong?

• Hi,

SCORM 1.2 doesn't store data as individual items. It saves everything in a single big blob called cmi_suspend_data as shown. This allows for bookmarking and the student to save their answers and view them when they return to the course, but doesn't allow a Moodle admin to run reports on it. 

The only reportable data is "pass/fail/complete/incomplete" and the score from the results page.

If you need the answers to individual questions, you may need to rethink your learning design so that Storyline provides the information and use Moodle quizzes for the questions and text (using essay or short answer)

Karl

PhilMayor
      Super Hero

You can get interaction ID data from Moodle. Long time since I used it but should available from the gradebook.
      Sent from my iPhone

• Thank you so much for replying to me

If I create the same exercise with Quizmaker, it displays the interactions.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Carlos, 

I'm happy to chime in! It's possible that what you experienced is course-specific. I created the attached Storyline course, published it to SCORM 1.2, and uploaded it to Moodle. I could see the interactions after the steps shown in this quick Peek recording. The video has no audio.

If the issue persists, would you be willing to share your Storyline file with us so we can test it on our end? You may also share it privately by sending it along in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing

• Hi eric

Indeed, your file is working. Thank you!

• do you have a results slide? ARE YOU REPORTING BY RESULTS SLIDE?

CarlosKiyan-Tsu
      Community Member

Hello Phil,

Sorry for my late reply. I had the results slide, but it seems there were some problems. I solved it by deleting and adding a new Results slide. Thank you.