Forum Discussion

MichaelNilss577
Community Member
20 days ago

Trigger video to start in separate window

Hi, everyone!

Is it possible to create this in Storyline (see enclosed file): 

A client wants a series of lessons on their company's different safety procedures, and they want the video to start when the user clicks on a section of the screen. Is this easy to set-up and is it even possible?

How is the quality of video affected if it is "baked in" in Storyline? Is it at least 1080p? I guess it's not possible to embed links from Vimeo in the right window, even though the quality would be much better...

Best regards, Michael Nilsson, Sweden

JHauglie
    Community Member

Yes, this is possible, though I would probably advise that you launch the video in a layer or lightbox slide instead of a small window within the same slide (unless the video is already a small-frame-size video). Now - is it possible to launch several different videos in the same location on the slide ? I do not believe that would be feasible without using layers.

The video quality (as you suspect) is another reason to have the video launch in a separate window.

MichaelNilss577
      Community Member

Hi JHaugie and thanks for replying!

It would be fine to use layers, but I will test and see the quality of the videos... Furthermore, this is something that needs to work on all platforms as well as smartphones, so I wonder which would be best...